With Coronavirus still making it’s way through our nation, social distancing (increasing the physical space between people to avoid spreading illness) is feeling more like a forced self-quarantine. It has been said that self quarantine can be proven effective to help slow down the rate of the disease and its spread to others.
Although, I am trying my best to #stayhome, my days and times are starting to run together. Day 1 is looking like day 8 and as an engaged couple you may not know what to do with each other! Like “Why are you still here?” Well, here are 10 activities you and your fiance can try during this “Couple-tine” time (get it? Quarantine + couple= Couple-tine! Nevermind…):
1. Take the time to DREAM BIG! Where is your next trip going to be together? Or what house are we going to buy after this is all over? Let’s be honest: America will be on sale for awhile after this! Create a dream board and put it up on your bedroom wall. You can then go to sleep and wake up with pictures of whats to come.
2. Learn a new skill together. How about learning a new language together? Maybe French so you can be prepare for your EPIC honeymoon trip to Paris. Oui Oui 😉
3. Ready to Netflix and chill? Maybe it’s the time to catch up on that one show that’s been sitting on Netflix list? (Can I recommend Love Is blind?!!)
4. Start writing or keep a journal. This will be a great time to document all that you discover about your partner. How do they handle high pressure situations? Like when the toilet paper runs out? Or when all of the Covid19 snacks are gone? Also, keeping a journal gives you a head start on those vows!
5. Learn a new dish together. Create your own Food Network show and go crazy! Maybe one day take one item each of your CoVid19 stash and see what you can create together? I would love to see what you come up in the kitchen 😀
6. Workout Routine. Remember how you wanted to fit into that wedding dress? Why not work out together? Start a new workout series (hello YouTube!) and push each other to get fit and focus. Trust me your future wedding day bod will thank you!
7. Fresh Air. Okay maybe “working out” isn’t your thing. So, until we are told otherwise, go out for a walk together-BUT NO PHONES. Focus on just talking to each other, the fresh air and sun.
What if you don’t live together? Don’t worry, I got tips for you too!
8. Pick up the phone. Remember those times when we used to pick up the phone and CALL someone? Yes! Let’s do that! Designated a time in the beginning or end of day and actually talk on the on phone. If you are a fan of Love is Blind, you know that sometimes just talking to someone without seeing their face makes everything a little bit more special :))
9. FaceTime. Okay, maybe we can upgrade to seeing that your boo’s face instead of just their voice. I would advise to charge your phone before!
10. Do separate things together. No, it’s not a typo. I meant what I said. I’m a firm believer that even though you promise to spend your life with someone, doesn’t mean you have to lose yourself in the process. It’s healthy to take have your own thing, hobby or quiet moment. I promise you’ll thank me later 😀
Do you have any other fun ideas of what engaged couples can do during this time? Or things you have done? Please feel free to share!
L3 Events is your next Orlando wedding planner and event planner. A wedding planner creating stunning weddings and events steeped in passion, fun, and exquisite taste. Based in Orlando, Florida, the L3 team serves organizations, couples, and individuals. Planning events all over the United States.